Apr 28, 2009

{ Style Me Pretty, Pretty Please }


So I am thinking a makeup artist is in order for the big day. I absolutely do not want to look a hot mess by time the reception rolls around. I still want to look like myself, just prettier and with better hair. Possible? Lucky me, my sister is a hair stylist and will be throwing my side chignon bun thingy into place. That, I am not worried about. It is the whole makeup thing. I absolutely do not want to be strolling down he isle looking like Tammy Faye Baker. I love the natural look with a twist. Natalie Portman and Jennifer Garner have it down. So this will be my inspiration. I kind of want some super sexy eyelashes too. A la sixties sex kitten:



I think I need help finding a makeup artist though. How does one go about doing this?!? I am from San Diego but my wedding is in San Luis Obispo and I have never had my makeup done before. This could be difficult. Any suggestions? Lay it on me.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who models and she works with a couple san diego/oc make up artists. Send me an email if you want their contact information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Erin and I'm getting married soon too! (25 days!) I actually considered the same thing and went to Sephora (sometimes in JC Penney's but they also have free standing stores)and had them show me some techniques and try some colors on me...and they even gave me some free samples for the day!
    I already had a good set of brushes so it was more about color and a good coverage/primer as well as eye techn. that I was looking for and they were SUPER helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...