May 16, 2011

A Week of Lovelies

Since it has been awhile since I ventured down the Lovely lane, I thought I would start this Monday off on a pretty note. You can't go wrong with pretty or lovely in my opinion

two of my favorite things made an appearance at this Sunday Brunch: chevron and Bloody Marys
Image via 100 Layer Cake

Bee is the bees knees
Images via Atlantic-Pacific

Peonies + Paris...Need I say more?
Images via Oh Happy Day

a) I so need that sign and B) my thoughts EXACTLY
Images via Design Love Fest

every color of the rainbow is out of this world in my book
Image courtesy of Tiffany Arment via Green Wedding Shoes

I spy with my little eye a gorgeous interpretation of the typical dress shot
Image courtesy of Ryan Garvin via Grey Likes Weddings

I decided to go vegan and now things like this make my heart palpitate. seriously can't handle the lack of yummy cake in my life right now. Hey, at least I can eat the blackberries on top. I'm sure they are just as delicious as that chocolaty cake
Images via Sprouted Kitchen

killing it in the heel department 
Image via Apartment #34

I think this summer calls for a little hammocking
Image via Remodelista

hot pink lips are the new red
Image via Matchbook Mag

so so pretty

Now grab a huge cup of coffee and lets get this party started, shall we?
xoxo


10 comments:

  1. My husband is vegan and I love to bake. After a few months of experimenting and researching, I found some delicious recipes! My favorite so far is this one:
    http://www.theppk.com/2010/11/vanilla-bean-cupcakes-with-chocolate-ganache/

    I've only made it as a 9" cake (not cupcakes) and it can be modified by decreasing the vanilla and adding different ingredients to be whatever you want (add lemon zest/juice for a lemon cake, cocoa for a chocolate cake, etc). Most recently I used it to make a pineapple upside down cake by cutting the vanilla in half and using the topping recipe here (minus the cherries):

    http://veganyumyum.com/2007/04/mini-pineapple-upside-down-cake/

    The banana bread recipe from PPK is fantastic, I chop up a dark chocolate bar and mix it in:
    http://www.theppk.com/2007/10/banana-bread/

    Also, some flavors of Duncan Hines frosting are vegan, too! Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World is a great cookbook, btw! Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia...you just might be my new Bestie! Thank you for the recs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I'd love to hear more about how vegan is going for you! It's tempting:)

    oh, and that Chevron table is rnocking my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a post on chevron today, so I'm loving that first picture :) And the rainbow maids are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those bridesmaids dresses .... GORGEOUS!!!! All of that color is simply beautiful!! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin- I forgot to mention the Babycakes cookbook is pretty awesome too!

    Good luck with everything, I'm vegetarian and really admire those who can stick to a vegan diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That frame in the first photo like blows my mind. So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...