I consider myself a nightstand connoisseur. Not in reality, but in the land of pinning and pulling inspiration with an unlimited budget. In that land, I rule and so does my nightstand. In reality, I have an itty bitty room with just enough space for a stool and some books.
Hey, me and that stool, we make it work. But back to the unlimited budget and space land. In that world, my nightstand would look a little something like this...
1. A bright pink lamp just so my husband knows what side of the bed is his
2. Yummy, smell so good you want to eat them candles. that are $60. But remember we're pretending that candles that cost $60 are totally normal and I buy them all the time. In fact, I have a huge stash in my closet just waiting to be frivolously burned
3. A gold detailed coaster to rest beverages like water or vodka sodas if it's been a rough day
4. Pretty, pretty notebooks for all those genius midnight ideas on how to conquer the world. I have a lot of those
5. A little tongue-in-cheek humor for your nightstand. It's little, it's cute and hey, it holds pills
6. Lots and lots of books.*On a side note we're total book hoarders around these parts. As in, we might one day be eaten alive by our plethora of novels. But this book,oh this book, I don't care if it buries me alive one day because it is just that good. Like up at three in the morning choking back tears good. buy it. read it. you won't be sorry
7. Water is a necessity on a great nightstand. Honestly, who wants to wrestle out of bed at three in the morning when your throat is parched? Not I. so water. next to your bed. much needed. and this carafe makes it all the more chic.
8 and 9. As I mentioned before, I like books. A lot. I also enjoy a good layered moment so in my dream world full of wide open spaces there would be room for not only a crazy, gorgeous over the top expensive night stand but just enough space for a wee little stool to stack some of my current reads. Fun, no?