Feb 24, 2012

Bedside View

I consider myself a nightstand connoisseur. Not in reality, but in the land of pinning and pulling inspiration with an unlimited budget. In that land, I rule and so does my nightstand. In reality, I have an itty bitty room with just enough space for a stool and some books. 
 Hey, me and that stool, we make it work. But back to the unlimited budget and space land. In that world, my nightstand would look a little something like this...



1. A bright pink lamp just so my husband knows what side of the bed is his

2. Yummy, smell so good you want to eat them candles. that are $60. But remember we're pretending that candles that cost $60 are totally normal and I buy them all the time. In fact, I have a huge stash in my closet just waiting to be frivolously burned

3. A gold detailed coaster to rest beverages like water or vodka sodas if it's been a rough day

4. Pretty, pretty notebooks for all those genius midnight ideas on how to conquer the world. I have a lot of those

5. A little tongue-in-cheek humor for your nightstand. It's little, it's cute and hey, it holds pills

6. Lots and lots of books.*On a side note we're total book hoarders around these parts. As in, we might one day be eaten alive by our plethora of novels. But this book,oh this book, I don't care if it buries me alive one day because it is just that good. Like up at three in the morning choking back tears good. buy it. read it. you won't be sorry

7. Water is a necessity on a great nightstand. Honestly, who wants to wrestle out of bed at three in the morning when your throat is parched? Not I. so water. next to your bed. much needed. and this carafe makes it all the more chic. 

8 and 9. As I mentioned before, I like books. A lot. I also enjoy a good layered moment so in my dream world full of wide open spaces there would be room for not only a crazy, gorgeous over the top expensive night stand but just enough space for a wee little stool to stack some of my current reads. Fun, no?


12 comments:

  1. atleast we can dream right! your room looks darling!but hey, are you reading little bee? cause i sure am! i'm curious to know what do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliza, I couldn't put it down! Just finished the other night and I sobbed my way through the last few pages. Such a good book!

      Delete
  2. Your room looks amazing to me! I can barely fit one nightstand in mine. I need you to come to my house and make it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime Mrs. McCool! I work well with small spaces and I'm a good babysitter too :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE that lamp on your nightstand (& the gorgeous white duvet on the bed!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word for your fantasy nightstand Erin, gorgeous! That ikat pillow on your real bed is fabulous and I'm head over heels in love with that pretty pink lamp! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Millie! We definitely need a beautiful pink lamp in our future! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love this Erin! Ordering Little Bee now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, if only there was really an unlimited budget for everything... #2 & #4 are also on my wish lists!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I it bad that I also pretend like I can go out and buy $60 candles. I actually saw where someone had one of those candles then used the glass jar as a makeup brush holder. Am I trying to convince myself and you as well that this is actually a smart purchase...I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know where you got your bedspread...it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Juliet! It's from West Elm. We love, love, love it

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...