Oct 17, 2010

Hot Toddy Time

This past week my favorite people in the whole world, a.k.a. the Fam, came to visit and we traipsed all over Boston eating and drinking and taking in the sites. This is such a GORGEOUS time to be in New England. I just can't seem to get enough of the pretty leaves, bundling up in all of my coats and scarves that I never ever got to wear in San Diego, eating (or slurping) TONS of soup... but my absolute favorite part has got to be the Hot Toddies. Hello yummy goodness! How did I not know about this delightful treat before? It is so warm and cozy and is perfect, perfect for those crisp Fall evenings.
We put a little twist on the traditional Hot Toddy and incorporated Apple Cider. You really can't go wrong with these puppies:

Hot Apple Toddy
2oz whiskey (my husband swears by Jameson)
1 tsp sugar
hot apple cider
cinnamon stick, cloves, apple slice for garnish

1. Coat the bottom of an Irish coffee glass with honey
2. Add whiskey
3. Fill with hot apple cider and stir well
4. Garnish with cinnamon stick, cloves and apple slice
5. sip and repeat to your little heart's content


  1. Those look divine and I love love love a warm Toddy! xo

  2. This sounds so nice and what a beautiful color it is for fall!

    Liesl :)

  3. Hot toddy's are my favorite thing about sled riding at my grandparents. After owning a bar for 40 years my Pappy can make one hell of a hot toddy! (we have whiskey slush in the summer, its equally divine).

  4. It's cold here and I'm alone in bed, reading your blog and wishing i can have hot soup :)

    Don't forget to visit Lovers' Shore


    Thanks :)

  5. I've never had a hot toddy but you've made them look delicious!

  6. that sounds incredibly yummy! and being from the south i love me some whiskey lol! im a new follower!

  7. Oh my, the look absolutely necessary for this season, how come I've never tried hot toddy? I think this goes up on my ToDo-list for the weekend!

  8. That drink sounds heavenly and the bike photo, so lovely!!! Happy fall.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...