Jul 7, 2009

Yay for me.


On 4th of July, I tested out our pound cupcakes with vanilla glaze recipe that we will be using for the wedding and I have to say, they were a big hit. I am sort of obsessed with cupcake flags as well. I will definitely be adding them to the DIY list that is ever growing. Just call me Martha.

Best Poundcake recipe ever courtesy of Paula Dean:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Serves 6-8

1 stick butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar together.  Add the sour cream
and mix until well incorporated.  Sift the baking soda and flour together.
Add to th creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time.
Add vanilla.

Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.  Bake 40 min to 1 hour or until toothpick
comes out clean. {Bake 20 minutes for cupcakes}

5 comments:

  1. Delish! Love the fruit too.

    Oh cupcake flags make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok those look and sound so good! I am def going to be trying this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely amazing! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. follow scramstheman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...